The Mulberry Bush SEMH Peer Review is a quality improvement network of schools, for headteachers of SEMH special schools and AP settings. It aims to create a supportive group of leaders who collaborate in non-judgemental ways, providing the best possible outcomes for students. The peer review process will be planned with each school working as a member of a triad of similar schools. Last year 24 special and AP schools from many different local authority areas took part. These included maintained, academy, independent and non-maintained schools.
- Promotes reflective self-evaluation
- Gives insight into schools effectiveness
- Provide strong support structures for staff
What is it?
The peer review for your school will involve leaders from the other triad schools visiting you for a day. You will then take part in the peer reviews for the other schools in your triad. The peer review provides each school with a whole day looking at the areas of policy and practice that they want to focus on. It is an opportunity to network between schools, to share practice, learn from others and build on what works well. It provides a great chance to share professional expertise and improve provision.
How does it work?
You will agree to join a Peer Review Network for a year at a time. You are then committed to the following:
- Attending up to 3 virtual leadership support meetings with the other heads and deputies from the network. This will include an induction element for new schools joining the group
- Fixing a date with The Mulberry Bush for your school’s review
- Being available for two other full days to be part of a review team in other schools
- Completing a short report about your visit to one of the schools that you reviewed
- A few weeks after your review completing a questionnaire about the impact of the review process on your school
We are not currently taking bookings for this course. If you would like to be notified when bookings re-open then please register your interest.
If you have any questions about this course then please do not hesitate to email Angela Brown; [email protected], and she will be really happy to help.