The International Centre for Therapeutic Care
Promoting Therapeutic Child Care, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice.
The International Centre for Therapeutic Care is a global alliance promoting Therapeutic Childcare, Social Pedagogy and Trauma Informed Practice amongst all those working with children, young people, their families and communities made vulnerable by childhood trauma.
Bringing People Together
Our community brings people together to share models of therapeutic care by creating networks and forums that extend the influence and insights gained from our member networks. We enable one another by sharing our learnings and experiences through regular forums and events where people can discuss models of high quality therapeutic care and share reflective practice and research.
At the heart of the International Centre community are our core values. We support and promote models of care:
- that are relationship (attachment) based.
- that promote ‘living together as a group or family’, where adults, children and families use the lived experience to create ‘a way of living and learning together.’
- that make use of the culture and ethos of the psycho-social and physical environment.
- where the culture is influenced by a ‘conscious use of self’ and shared responsibility.
- that aim to develop a sense of belonging and promote resilience in children and young people.
- that support high expectations for children and young people, and authentic stability of placement.