Three day intensive, experiential, learning opportunity.
During this residential experience participants explore working closely with others and learn how to use relationships effectively in their practice. Join us at our stunning Mulberry Bush Third Space site in Toddington, Gloucestershire as you learn about the power of group process in a safe and enjoyable way.
- Living-Learning Experiences (LLEs) were developed by a team of experienced mental health professionals in the 1990s and were hosted for many years by Growing Better Lives and took place in Kent.
- The background for this work is that there is a significant lack of these skills in many areas of mental health, care and teaching of children, other personal development work, and more generally in managing and treating people in a compassionate and suitably sensitive way. We have developed a format of training that is adaptable for a wide range of settings and participants.
Statement of aims:
Living-Learning Experiences is a partnership of experienced mental health professionals who provide carefully planned and structured learning experiences to develop:
- Reflective practice for those aiming to provide therapeutic environments
- Advanced group facilitation skills for those working in therapeutic communities
- A lived experience of sociotherapy for any mental health practitioners
- Understanding of complex emotional dynamics accessible to all health workers
- Appreciation of the use of relationship in all encounters – for professionals in any field
- An appreciation of emotional intelligence for all those whose work would benefit from it
This course runs three times a year. The next one will take place in March. The cost of this course is currently £450 per person for early bird offers, this covers accommodation and meals. Please contact us if you would like to book multiple places or find out about a bespoke LLE. If you would like to apply to join this course then please download and fill out the application form and then email it to Angela Brown; [email protected]
Attending an LLE will help you meet RCPsych Community of Communities’ standards which require “…experiential training. For example Living – Learning Workshops”
Upcoming course dates:
- March 8th – 10th
- September 10th – 12th
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to get in contact and we’ll be very happy to help.
For more information please download the course flyer here.