The 2.6 Challenge
Join the Rest of the Nation
The Virgin Money London Marathon should have taken place this Sunday 26th April. This would have been a big day in the Charity’s calendar and we’re therefore excited to join The 2.6 Challenge – a national initiative to save the UK’s charities. By taking part, you’ll be joining thousands of others across the UK to help us raise as much money as possible in just 5 days.
About the 2.6 Challenge
The campaign launches on Sunday 26th April and everyone is asked to dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate to Save the UK’s charities via twopointsixchallenge.co.uk
The 2.6 Challenge is open to anyone of any age – the only requirement is that the activity must follow the Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing. It’s a simple and fun way for everyone to do their bit to help save the UK’s charities.
The challenge period runs from Sunday 26th – Thursday 30th April and it’s down to you to choose your challenge and set up your fundraising page. You’ll have those 5 days to complete your challenge and get the ball rolling with fundraising.
Taking Part is Easy!
- Firstly, dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas here
- Click here to go to our Campaign Page to donate £26 or whatever you can afford, or to set up a fundraising page for yourself or your family
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Complete your challenge from 26th April
- Share photos or videos of your challenge on social media with the hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge and mention @MulberryBushOrg too!
We Need Your Help
As a result of Coronavirus we’re looking at a big hole in our fundraising income this year due to cancelled events and a drop in donations. Other income sources such as Outreach contracts are also badly affected. Fortunately, local authorities are still paying school fees that cover the basic costs of care, therapy and education, but they don’t allow for any capital or service development, extra therapy or any of the fun, extra-curricular activities that other children take for granted. Yet the demand for our services is likely to be even greater than ever as children struggle to cope with even higher levels of domestic violence, abuse and neglect.
For more information on how you can take part in the 2.6 challenge, contact Joanna Mitchell on email@example.com